Image: Situ Studio, Giri, via Wayback Machine
Optional (But Highly Recommended!) Field Trip to Two Firms in the Brooklyn Navy Yard
4pm: Midnight Commercial is an innovation consultancy — composed of engineers, designers, scientists, and artists — that invents “next generation experiences for the digital-physical frontier.” You may have seen their work before, like this Rube Goldberg inspired OK Go music video.
63 Flushing Ave, Building 77 (corner of 8th Ave + Paulding St), 9th Floor, Suite 918; the entrance is on the north side of the building [map] — See below for travel directions
At 4:50-ish, we’ll then talk to…
5pm: SITU Research is an interdisciplinary practice working in design, visualization and spatial analysis. Focused on developing innovative strategies and new tools, SITU Research leverages a strong foundation in architecture, materials and digital instrumentation to collaborate with and contribute to a diverse array of fields — from forensics, to international civil rights and social justice, to the natural sciences.
141 Flushing Avenue, Building 77, Suite 508; Shannon has to call for access?: 718.237.5795
- Taxi/UBER: Ask the driver to go through any of the 5 security checkpoint entrances and directly to Building 77.
- Car: There is a parking lot surrounding Building 77, feel free to park there.
- Walking: The Navy Yard security entrance nearest us is located at Clinton Ave and Flushing Ave. If you arrive at one of the other 4 security entrances, be prepared to either hop on the free Brooklyn Navy Yard shuttle bus or walk a mile or more. You can download the app to track the BNY shuttle bus here.
- Subway or bus: Read further directions here.
- Citibike: There is a Citibike dock right outside Building 77 on the corner of Clinton Ave and Flushing Ave.
Emily’s Cell: 561-301-0507